How to get Involved
What does patient and public involvement look like?
Patient and pubic involvement (PPI) is the active inclusion of members of the public in influencing research (i.e. giving people a say in the research we do). Examples include:
- membership on an institutions strategic or operational committees
- design of a research project
- prioritisation of research
- offering advice as members of a project steering group
- commenting on, developing and disseminating research findings and materials
- undertaking interviews with research participants
Moorfields BRC Research Community
If you would like to help us shape research, then please join our 'Research Community'
As part of our Research Community you may be invited to:
- Attend future events on eye research
- Contribute to the design of research studies through email correspondence/letter or by joining a discussion group
- Respond to questionnaires that help researchers to develop studies in areas of relevance to you
Please be aware that signing up to the Research Community is not a means through which you will be made aware of current trials that are recruiting participants.
Patient Research Ambassador Initiative
A Patient Research Ambassador (PRA) is someone who works with the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) to promote health research from a patient point of view. They could be a patient, service user, carer who is enthusiastic about health research and is willing to communicate that to other patients, publics and healthcare professionals. You can find out more on the NIHR's Patient Research Ambassador Initiative website or click the button below to find out about being a PRA in the North Thames region.
People in Research
Connects research organisations and researchers with members of the public by advertising opportunities to get actively involved in research.
Other opportunities to get involved in research
- Review a research application for the NIHR
- Suggest an idea for research to the NIHR
- James Lind Alliance - have your say about priorities for health research
- Research Design Service London - provide input and feedback on research proposals
- VOICE - online involvement platform from Newcastle University and the NIHR Innovation Observatory
- Involving London - opportunities to get involved in London
© Copyright 2018 NIHR Moorfields Biomedical Research Centre. All rights reserved.