Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut squash, turmeric and brazil nut soup
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
Ingredients: · 1 medium onion, finely chopped · 2 tbsp olive oil · Garlic (1x clove) · Finely chopped 1 butternut squash (medium sized - peeled, seeded and cubed) · 1 tsp ground turmeric (optional) · 800ml vegetable stock · Lightly toasted Brazil nuts (crushed)
1. Saute the onion in the oil in a nonstick frying pan for about 8 minutes over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, until transparent.
2. Add the garlic and stir for a minute or two.
3. Add the butternut squash cubes to the frying pan with the turmeric and saute for a further 5 minutes.
4. Add the stock and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the squash is tender.
5. Allow to cool a little then puree with a blender.
6. Reheat and sprinkle the soup with the crushed Brazil nuts before serving.