Calling for Patient and Public Advisors!
Are you interested in eye research and the issues and questions that surround it?
If so, Moorfields Biomedical Research Centre (BRC) would like to hear from you.
We are looking for people to become BRC Advisors to help inform our work on important topics such as:
· What is the role of big data sharing in eye health?
· How do we increase the diversity of people involved in influencing eye research?
· How can we encourage researchers to involve the public in designing how they do their research?
A bit of background…
What is Moorfields BRC Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement (PPIE)?
A key aspect of Moorfields BRC’s support for research is carried out by our PPIE team who advise and train researchers at Moorfields Eye Hospital and the UCL Institute of Ophthalmology in how to facilitate conversations and engage with patient and public audiences. We vigorously promote and encourage the move towards a culture of active patient and public involvement (PPI), where research is carried out ‘with’ or ‘by’ members of the public rather than ‘to’, ‘about’ or ‘for’ them.
Who are we looking for?
· We are looking for patients, carers / family members and members of the public.
· We are looking for a diverse mix of age, gender, ethnicity and viewpoint.
· We are seeking people willing to share their views and perspectives on a variety of topics around eye research.
How much time would I need to commit?
The group will meet 3 or 4 times a year and people can participate online if they prefer. Each meeting will last approximately 3 hours.
Other key information:
· Your travel expenses will be reimbursed when you attend these meetings in person.
· Your time will be reimbursed in the form of shopping vouchers at the standard PPI rate.
· All meetings will be held at either Moorfields Eye Hospital, City Road or UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, Bath Street or online.
· Members of the BRC PPIE team will also attend the meetings and will be available to explain the process and answer any questions.
If you are interested in being a part of the group or would like this information in a different format, please contact: Dr Helen Baker: email@example.com